What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you make a booking or, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When booking or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We support your privacy
All personal information collected from your use of our website is held in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To help personalize your experience with Formula E Indoor Raceway – (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To help improve our website – (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our customers)
- To improve our customer service – (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include ‘unsubscribe’ instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your personal information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. We do this through a number of ways including:
- restricted access to personal information;
- internal policies in relation to the use of our computers and management of personal information.
However, as our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
If you do so, note that some parts of the website may not function properly.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR COMPLAINING ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, you should contact us and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate the complaint and aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Act, if applicable).
If you are not satisfied with our response or how we handled your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner’s website is https://www.privacy.org.nz and enquiries line is 0800 803 909.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.formulae.co.nz
Email – email@example.com
Phone (09) 257 4001